Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- How to sew on nylon webbing and D-rings?
July 4, 2005, 11:01 am
rate this thread
I have a bunch of 3/4" wide nylon strap webbing and D-rings to attach to the
ends of them. Typical put through D-ring about 1 1/2" and sew a box
pattern to secure the ring to the strap webbing. These are going on some
duffle bags to help secure them and to use shoulder straps if needed.
How does one get the machine to do this? The sewing machine's drive feet
don't like the nylon webbing strap material as it is fairly open weave so
the stitches come out all messed up (lots of tangles and lousy thread
Does one do it as a freehand stitch on the machine? I thought about the
zipper foot to get close to the D-ring part, but the rest is a mess and
having not that much material to catch is frustrating.
Re: How to sew on nylon webbing and D-rings?
B. Peg wrote:
What needle, what thread. Typically you have a peircing power problem so use
at least a 90 if not 100. If you are using beefy thread, you may have to
adjust your tensions and possibly hand crank.
It's not a foot issue, if you have trouble it is needle, thread or power
wait didn't I answer this a few hours ago?
- » Curious about City & Guilds 7161 & Design and Craft 7716
- — Newest thread in » Sewing Discussions
- » Does any one know where to find a MW Model J sewing machine bobbin case?
- — Last Updated thread in » Sewing Discussions
- » Refractory Application in the Walls of Glass Furnace Regenerators
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Glass Crafts