Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- loose sewing stitches
August 19, 2013, 3:05 pm
rate this thread
Re: loose sewing stitches
Here's a series of photos I took -- how slightly misthreading a sewing machine can affect
the stitches: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22521551 The photos are in pairs,
first the top of the fabric and then the bottom; the top thread is blue and the bobbin thread is
red. Generally, if there are loops on the bottom of the fabric, there's too little tension on top, often
because the machine was threaded with the presser foot down so the thread couldn't get into the
tension disks. If there are loops on top, it's usually too little tension on the bobbin thread --
again, usually a misthreading issue for beginners.
- » need a users manuel for a brother mademoiselle 320
- — Previous thread in » Sewing Discussions
- » searching for white or green brocade for a man's waistcoat.
- — Newest thread in » Sewing Discussions
- » Why does the needle not thread and seems to be hitting the edge of the bobbin case on my B...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Quilting Forum