Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- will not sew backwards
January 14, 2015, 4:14 am
rate this thread
Re: will not sew backwards
My first thought is that it needs a thorough cleaning and proper lubrication.
If it's been "oiled" with something like WD-40, the lubrication may
be entirely evaporated and the linkage that allows reverse is now frozen.
If it's been oiled with something like 3-in-1 type household oils, the
oil may have gotten gummy and stopped the reverse action.
If it's an older machine, out of warranty (and I suspect it is), then
you might want to consider joining the yahoo group "wefixit" and learning
how to clean and oil and adjust this machine yourself. If it's a newer
machine or you're not fascinated with mechanics, take it in to your
repair shop. Around me, in the PNW US, a COA runs $50-120, depending on the
complexity of the machine.
- » Compare Viking Rose 605 & Viking Lily 555 sewing machines vs a Singer
- — Previous thread in » Sewing Discussions
- » searching for white or green brocade for a man's waistcoat.
- — Newest thread in » Sewing Discussions
- » Why does the needle not thread and seems to be hitting the edge of the bobbin case on my B...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Quilting Forum