1 cup of flour
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. of salt
4 large eggs
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
1 tsp. of grated/shredded lime peel
1 tbsp. of cold water
1. Sift flour then add salt and combine.
2. Separate egg yolks and beat thoroughly; gradually beat in sugar (save
3. Add water, lime peel and lemon juice.
4. Fold dry ingredients into egg yolk mixture.
5. Beat egg whites until stiff then fold into batter.
6. Pour batter into a tube pan (9″ and not greased); cut with
knife to remove air bubbles.
7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and bake until top springs back when
8. Invert and allow to cool.
9. Remove cake from pan (loosen with spatula and shake cake out).
- posted 8 years ago