To make crapsoup's deep fried ice cream delights, first bore out the centers of several green bananas. Fill the hole inside with sliced fresh cherries and chocolate syrup. Wet the bananas in an egg mixture, flour them, the fry them. Serve them with ice cream on a hot summer day.
Step 1: Things You Will Need :
3 large Green Bananas (the fatter and greener the better)
Chocolate Syrup (or chocolate chips, I haven't tested this though)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP Cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 apple corer
[b:40789e12c0]Step 2: Preping Your Bananas[/b:40789e12c0]:
1. Remove pits from cherries and cut into small quarters.
2. Cut bananas into 3 equal parts after removing both of the ends.
3. Use the apple corer to hollow out the center of your banana logs.
4. Cut the ends off of the banana cylinders that you just removed,
then place one of those ends back
into the banana log to act as a bottom plug.
5. Stuff banana with layers of chocolate and cherries pieces, leaving
room at the top for your other
6. Place the 2nd banana plug into the top of your banana then place in
freezer for about an hour or
[b:40789e12c0]Step 3: Cooking Your Bananas[/b:40789e12c0]:
1. In a small bowl, Mix egg, milk, and Vanilla.
2. In another bowl, Mix flour, coconut, cinnamon, and Sugar
3. Once the bananas are frozen solid, Carefully slice the peel down
the side, the gently pull the skin
back to remove the banana.
4. Lightly coat the banana in the flour mixture.
5. Place the banana into the egg mixture and coat thoroughly.
6. Then place the wet banana into the flour mixture and coat until all
wet spots are fully covered.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6.
8. Cook in oil on medium/high heat until golden brown. The Cinnamon
makes them kind of brown
already, so if you are unsure if they are ready, just give them a
soft squeeze with some tongs. If it is
squishy, they are done. if it is still hard, it needs a little
longer to cook. you may also need to flip
them to make sure they cook evenly.
9. Place on paper plate to remove excess grease.
10. Serve with ice cream (or just eat them as is).
View the attachments for this post at:
- posted 6 years ago