Enjoy a warm serving of mouth-watering Trinidad Hops with a serving of butter.
8 cups of flour
2 1/2 cups of hot water
1 tbsp. of shortening
2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of granulated sugar
1 tbsp. of instant yeast
1. Melt shortening in hot water and leave to cool till liquid is
2. Combine in a large bowl 6 cups of flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
3. Beat well while gradually adding water.
4. Place on a floured surface and knead for a few minutes (add remaining
flour till dough is moderately stiff).
5. Place in greased bowl, cover and allow to rise until doubled.
6. Punch dough down and form in 3" diameter balls.
7. Place balls in a greased baking tray and cover with a damp cloth
(allow to rise till doubled).
8. Remove cloth and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- posted 8 years ago