Are you Irish and looking for a delicious Irish dessert? Try these.
They are sure to be a crown pleaser.
1 cup Irish stout beer (such as Guinness®)
1 cup butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sour cream
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon Irish whiskey, or more to taste
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar, or more as needed
3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys®), or more to
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
3. Bring Irish stout beer and 1 cup butter to a boil in a saucepan
and set aside until butter has melted, stirring occasionally. Mix in
cocoa powder until smooth.
4. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl until
5. Beat eggs with sour cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer
on low until well combined. Slowly beat in the beer mixture, then the
flour mixture; beat until the batter is smooth.
6. Divide batter between the prepared cupcake cups, filling each cup
about 2/3 full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the
center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 17 minutes.
8. Cool the cupcakes completely. Cut cores out of the center of
each cupcake with a sharp paring knife. Discard cores.
9. Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan over low heat; stir in
bittersweet chocolate until melted.
10. Mix in 2 tablespoons butter and Irish whiskey until butter is
melted; let mixture cool to room temperature. Filling will thicken as
11. Spoon the filling into the cored cupcakes.
12. For frosting, whip 1/2 cup butter in a bowl with an electric
mixer until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Set mixer to low speed and slowly beat in confectioners'
sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Beat
in the Irish cream liqueur; adjust thickness of frosting with more
confectioners' sugar if needed.
14. Spread frosting on filled cupcakes.
View the attachments for this post at:
- posted 6 years ago