Home from Houston -- long

Houston was, not surprisingly, wonderful. :D I had two terrific classes
(machine trapunto and curved piecing) from a fantastic teacher, and I
saw row after row of gorgeous quilts -- not to mention the ever-popular
vendors. ;)
One of the huge highlights of the trip, though, was meeting Bronnie in
person! We met for lunch one day and had a lovely visit. Unfortunately,
she was beginning to feel rather under the weather, but she's a
delightful person, both online and in real life. Some of you may recall
that she showed us photos of some amazing small quilts she'd done in
indigenous fabrics -- one of a kookaburra and the other of an adorable
koala. That koala is now living with *me*! :O I was, to say the least,
flabbergasted at this wonderful, generous gift -- one I treasure.
Bronnie is due to fly home this evening, and I'm sure she'll be glad to
see her own bed after a month in strange ones. ;)
I had a time packing to come home, since one of my purchases was a
king-sized batting. It was a challenge to get it into the suitcase,
as you might imagine. However, I was successful and didn't even have to
abandon my clothes to do so. ;) Other than the batting, I also bought a
pattern for a dog bed (adorable!) and a pattern and some wool for
another scissors case and matching needle book. Oh, and there was a new
type of quilting stencil, so I bought one of those to try out, though I
don't normally use many stencils. I also bought a little yarn to use for
an online lace knitting class, so all of that and finishing my class
projects will keep me busy for a while. :)
Coming home was interesting. I flew from Houston to Oklahoma City, where
I didn't even have to get off the plane -- though I'm still curious
about going that direction to get home -- before taking off again for
Las Vegas. There were three of us who stayed on the plane. We landed
here in LV at around 7:45PM and went to get luggage. Uh-oh. Here came
the rep from airline to say that seven bags had been left behind in OKC.
Surely that couldn't have been mine, since I didn't change planes,
right? But DH and I looked at each other and both said mine was
certainly one of the affected ones -- I've lost luggage so many times
that it's sort of a family joke. We were right, too; my suitcase wasn't
on my flight. All's well that ends well, though; my suitcase was
delivered to my door the next morning -- at *3AM*! Needless to say,
being up most of the night waiting for the thing to arrive meant that I
was a walking zombie most of yesterday. It was worth it. :)
Reply to
Hey Sandy
Glad you had a wonderfull time in Houston. Next time you go to a quilt show out of town and buy goodies, why not stop off at a store that sells boxes and put all your goodies in that then mail it home. I hate to fly now but if I have to lets say go visit relatives, I call them and tell them to expect a large package for me. I mail my suitcase instead of taking it with me on a plane. Saves a lot of energy chasing it down and a lot of money for putting it on the plane. The only thing I take with me on the plane is a small flight bag.
Kate T. South Mississippi
Reply to
Kate T.

Site Timeline Threads

InspirePoint website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.