Lesson learned: when the sewing machine is acting up and producing
odd quilting, stop and take it in for diagnosis and reapir.
I have spent more time than I want to recall ripping out a LOT of
poorly formed machine stitched motifs in a quuen sized quilt. It was
clear that there was trouble when I put them in but apparently I was
not engaging in good quality control (I was at retreat, not a grat
excuse but the best I've got).
The good news: my bobbin case has been replaced. The bad motifs are
all GONE and the deadline for this gift moved 3 months in my favor.
Oh, and I have significantly practiced my ripping skills.
- posted 8 years ago