Singer Parts

I have a 1961 Singer Slant-omatic 500 sewing machine, which is a real
workhorse. Anyone know where I could buy the discs for it? They look like
little top hats.
Ethne in PA
Reply to
Ethne Slusser
They're always available on eBay....look for 'Singer Fashion Discs" which is the name Singer put on the box...then just check the picture to make sure they're the right ones.
The 500 has a lot of stitches built in, so are not many patterns that you are missing...just a few that are not built in. The cams duplicate most of these mainly for the 503 and 403, the models that don't have the built in stitches.
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:46:21 GMT, "Ethne Slusser" wrote:
Reply to
I went to a Singer dealer here in Houston and asked if he had any. He handed me a fairly large basket with all kinds of attachments, discs, cams, etc and told me to look through it. I found three of them, and on vacation, I asked the same question and found two there. I have the 1961 Slant-O-Matic 503 and dearly love it. BTW, the prices were $1.50 at one dealer and $2.00 at the other. Emily
Reply to
Wow! What a great idea and what fun!!!
PS I also have a 503 they are great machines.
Reply to
The longer the shop has been in business, the better the chances of finding old attachments and accessories. I got a zigzag attachment from one such. I also find cams and other small attachments in thrift stores and garage sales.
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

InspirePoint website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.