A bad tear in a jacket sleeve, about 8" long.
There are 2 issues
1. It's a 2 layer construction with no access to the inner side of the fabric
2. It's a very flimsy plasticy material, it looks like lining material.
So there's no way I can do the usual thing of ironing, stabilising and patching. I'm wondering what to do. Might it be possible to
1. insert very flimsy polythene to prevent adhesion between the layers
2. get it as flat as possible using little weights - I doubt the inner is ironable but will try ironing first
3. Use a cool iron to apply some sort of stabiliser or repair stuff externally
4. then hand sew a patch
Or are there better options? It's her favourite jacket.
- posted 2 years ago