cutting glass slides

I have some glass 1x3 microscope slides that I need to cut down in size. The store where I bought them told me they sold slides to rubber stampers and to ask advice on discussion group.
where can I get acrylic to use instead of glass?
Reply to
Most hardware stores sell inexpensive glass cutters; you simply score the glass, not pressing down too hard, and tap the part you don't want with the other end of the cutting tool until it snaps off; with a little practice, it's easy to get a clean edge.
Acrylic what? microscope slides? I don't know, but if you look in the yellow pages under "plastics" you're likely to find someone who sells clear acrylic in various gauges that might suit your purpose.
Reply to
Pat Kight

If you aren't worried about the thickness of the glass, they sell glass coverslips in all different sizes.
Reply to
Scout Lady

InspirePoint website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.