- posted 10 years ago
I'm making a cover of burgundy faux suede for a memory foam
lumbar support pillow. It's for the owner of the shop which
is doing my remodel (I learned that he has bad back pain).
I snagged his logo off his web site, digitized it, digitized
his name in the same (weird) "Papyrus" font, then
embroidered it onto the fabric. But today, when I started
assembling the cover, which has a piped edge, I completely
failed when I tried to put in the invisible zipper! I tore
the danged thing out three times, but each time after I
carefully stitched it, I could not get the zipper to close.
I finally tore it out, and tried to close the zipper off the
fabric. Ugh! Apparently I melted a couple of teeth when I
pressed the coil open.
Tossed it, gonna start fresh tomorrow with a new zipper....
Beverly, looking at about another couple of weeks until the
upstairs bathrooms are finished.