It's been an on and off battle to get my jacket pattern to fit right.
The tissue pattern has so much tape on it I decided to buy tracing
pellon that I can baste That means I have to trace out the pattern and
be sure I get all the markings on it. To make it a little easier for DH
to see what I'm talking about I decided to trace out both sides of the
pattern so it when sewn together it's a muslin. The big problem for me
is that when I trace my back starts hurting after an hour and I have to
stop for the day. So it's a long process for me. It probably would take
some one else about 30 minutes to do the entire thing. I'm being very
careful and also marking the seam lines and that also slows me down
more. I think one more session of tracing and marking and I'll be done
and ready to baste everything together.
To keep myself sane I cut one of DS old shirts apart and made a throw
pillow out of it. I should have taken a picture, but dropped it off as
soon as I finished sewing. I'm pleased with the way it cam out. I cut
the front of the shirt with the pocket in place and the buttons
buttoned and the back of the shirt for the back of the pillow. I looks
pretty neat I think. It's a brown plaid and goes great in their new
family room. They have brown leather furiture in there and the walls are
are a dark tan. the plaid also has a dark tan in it almost the same
color as the walls. DDIL is so pleased with what I did, that she said
she was going to look for more old shirts for me.
- posted 9 years ago