All the flavors of Irish Soda Bread in a quick and easy cookie!
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup dried currants
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon caraway seed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. With a pastry blender,
cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in currants.
3. Mix in beaten egg. Pour in milk and mix with a fork to make a
soft dough (may need a little more milk).
4. On a floured surface, shape dough into a ball and knead lightly
5 or 6 times. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut into squares
and triangles with a knife (approximately 2 inches in diameter).
5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly browned.
View the attachments for this post at:
- posted 6 years ago