Bake and enjoy some tantalizing and mouth-watering Jamaican Beef Patties.
2 recipes of Short Crust Pastry (see "Batters/Doughs" for recipe).
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 lb. of ground beef
1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
1 tsp. of minced garlic
1 tsp. of thyme
1/4 cup of finely chopped chive
1 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. of black pepper
1 tsp. of hot sauce (optional)
1. Cook ground beef with onions, thyme, garlic, black pepper, salt,
chive and hot sauce/pepper until tender (add water if necessary).
2. When meat is finished cooked leave to cool then dice bread and add to
meat to bind.
3. Roll pastry out thinly and cut into 3" diameter circles.
4. Place a tsp of meat on each circle, fold and seal with a fork.
5. Beat egg, place patties on baking sheet and brush pies with egg beat
(punch holes in patties for steam release).
6. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- posted 8 years ago