"Spice up dinner tonight with this festive pizza made with chicken, peppers, onion, cilantro and creamy Monterey jack cheese."
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 2 large poblano or medium green bell peppers
* 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
* 2 (12 inch) prebaked pizza crusts
* 1 1/2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
* 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Lightly coat chicken and onion with oil, then season, if desired,
with salt and ground black pepper. Grill chicken, onion and peppers,
turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and
vegetables are tender. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil; let stand 5
minutes, then remove skin and thinly slice. Thinly slice chicken; set
2. Grill top side of pizza crusts about 1 minute; remove from grill.
Evenly spread pizzas with pasta sauce, then evenly top with chicken,
vegetables and cheese. Grill pizzas, covered, until cheese is melted,
about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve, if desired, with
additional heated sauce and diced avocado.
For Further Details and Direction:
- posted 10 years ago