I'll be baking some of this:
A classic Yorkshire ginger cake - a perfect accompaniment with a cup
225g/8oz self raising flour
110g/4oz caster sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200ml/7fl oz milk
110g/4oz golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Line a 22cm/8in tin.
2. Sieve the flour, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large
3. In a small pan gently heat the butter and syrup until melted.
4. Beat the egg into the milk.
5. Gradually pour the butter and syrup into the flour and stir. The
mixture will be thick.
6. Pour in the egg and milk and stir until smooth and pour into the
7. Bake for 1 hour
and be taking the tin out with me to watch the fireworks for Guy
- posted 10 years ago