New York style hem?

Someone sent me an E-mail asking what a New York style hem was. Anyone
heard of that? I can't find any references on the web.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Donna wrote in news:Xns990EE6435C911donnacroakerwoodscom@
Answering my own question - isn't this it?
formatting link
The hemming of jeans by folding up, stitching and then trimming excess fabric?
Reply to
I've heard that called a "European" hem before too. But yeah, basically. There is another method that preserves the old hemmed edge of the jean, but puts it back on like bias binding. I think there's a site that shows that too. That solves the only problem with this method of hemming---what do you do if there is a large flare to the bottom of the jean? I'll try to see if I can find the site that shows the other method.
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

InspirePoint website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.